Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
What is a cybersecurity analyst?
A cybersecurity analyst is responsible for ensuring the protection of a company’s computer networks in any industry. The presence of an analyst is essential when a company stores or uses a large amount of data.
Its task is to apprehend and resolve threats of computer attacks or theft, in a context where digital technology plays an increasingly important role in our lives and our commercial exchanges.
In addition to his or her skills in reacting to incidents, he or she will have to do everything possible to develop a protection and prevention methodology for the various security flaws, which he or she will have all of his or her employees apply. The implementation of good security practices gives the analysis profession an educational aspect as it is the instigator of the appropriate behaviors to use in the company.
How do you become a cybersecurity analyst?
Like most engineering jobs, the job of security analyst is accessible once the student has completed a minimum of 3 years of post-graduate studies. Typically, cybersecurity certification holders have completed a Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity or a professional Master’s degree with a focus on math or computer science.
However, there is no predefined path, another course of study can lead to the same job, provided that the appropriate training has been carried out, relative to the type of activity of the future employment company. Some schools offer specialization courses in this field:
- University of technology of troyes
- École nationale supérieure d’ingénieurs Sud Bretagne
- Télécom Sud PAris
Examples of training include:
- Bac +3
– IT GOAL
– Professional degree in computer science with a specialization in system and network administration and security
- Bac +5
Professional Master University
– Information Systems Security Specialty
– safety management of industrial systems
Training in computer and digital engineering
What skills are required to be a cybersecurity analyst?
Because the field of IT and digital is so broad, the skills of an analyst can vary greatly depending on the position. Each company has specific needs according to its activity. Overall, mastering the programming language is essential to have a solid foundation in data protection:
- C ++
Every detail must be taken into account and all the data from the many sources must be interpreted in order to make the right diagnosis in a thorough and accurate manner. The analyst must therefore be curious and able to synthesize information, but also be reactive. Its mission is to understand trends in order to anticipate future cybercrime attempts. The analyst must always be several steps ahead of the Hackers.
What is the salary of a cybersecurity analyst?
The development of digital technology has evolved considerably over the past few years and the demand for cybersecurity experts is ever increasing. We are talking about a 36% increase by 2024. Formerly centralized in specific areas
Today, the demand has been democratized and affects all sectors of the company. Thus, the analyst profession is extremely solicited, which allows it to be very little affected by unemployment. It is estimated that it will be one of the most sought-after professions in the coming years, at the international level. On average, the remuneration of the analysis is estimated at about 42500 euros net per year. Of course, this figure remains relative and evolves according to the level of experience and the size of the company.
What are the possible career paths for a cybersecurity analyst?
Having a solid foundation in the computer field ensures the possibility of significant evolution as one’s career progresses. Reorientation towards new professional objectives is frequent and allows, in addition to a salary increase, to complete one’s knowledge thanks to new responsibilities in new sectors. Thus, the major professional developments are :
- Responsible for an information system
- Director of an information system
- Police investigator in cybercrime
What other opportunities are there in the cybersecurity community?
As the industry develops at a rapid pace, there are many opportunities in the field of cybersecurity analysis. The various specialties and the multitude of tasks involved in such a job ensure that graduates have the opportunity to exercise their skills in many different positions:
- Cybersecurity expert
- Cybersecurity Architect
- cybersecurity auditor
- IT Security Consultant
- Information Systems Security Manager
Learn more about cybersecurity training
- Definition: what is cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity School: program, fees, purpose
- Cybersecurity training: info, admissions, prices
- Cybersecurity training for the military: cyber defense, curriculum, opportunities
- What are the salaries in the cybersecurity industry?
- Guide to becoming a cybersecurity engineer
- How do I get a work-study position in the cybersecurity industry?
- What is the salary of a cybersecurity engineer?
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity: training, program, opportunities
- Master’s degree in cybersecurity: opportunities, program
- Which companies specialize in cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity internship: company, skills, platforms, data