Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Cybersecurity: what is it?
Over the years, the notion of cybersecurity has become essential to the digital transformation of companies. Cybersecurity gathers all the data protection methods of an IT infrastructure. The tools are numerous. Whether it is through the implementation of antivirus software, the guarding of data centers or the appropriate configuration of servers, cybersecurity is now present in all professional sectors.
In order to prevent cyber attacks, the cybersecurity expert develops and disseminates to his employees the necessary practices to maintain a constant level of security. Indeed, the main security flaws come from the employees themselves and unintentionally generate data leaks. The main axes of cybersecurity can be defined by several methods:
- connection encryption
- identification process
- permanent software updates
- devices allowing the recovery of sensitive data in case of technical failure
What is a cybersecurity school?
A cybersecurity school trains students in digital protection methods in an increasingly digitalized world. These institutions train future engineers specialized in cybersecurity.
The courses are multiple and allow the mastery of high-tech computer tools, essential to the digital security of companies. There are many threats to societies. Hacking, identity theft, espionage, data theft…
Thus, the years of training in this type of school will lead the student to apprehend all types of threats and propose the appropriate responses, in a minimum of time.
Maintaining security protocols is therefore at the heart of the programs and the teaching provides many disciplines in order to understand, act, and repair digital structures at risk. Major teaching themes can be identified within cybersecurity schools:
- protect digital architecture and network access
- secure communication protocols
- secure payments
- secure services and access to individual data
- analyze the reliability of websites and information systems
- learn to develop good protection methods and pass them on to users
- stay alert to new techniques to improve performance.
- Be informed and anticipate new viruses or new types of intrusions.
- Repair and reinforce the security of an attacked system
The schools that train in cybersecurity deliver a BAC +5 engineering degree. The first two years consist of an upgrading and harmonization of knowledge via the Integrated Prep for post-baccalaureate schools, followed by 3 years in the engineering cycle.
As for the schools that admit students through a competitive examination after the scientific preparatory program, they have direct access to the engineering cycle. These training courses can be carried out in continuing education or in alternation.
Why go to cybersecurity school?
Entering a school that trains in cybersecurity is an ambitious project, deeply connected to modern issues, which has multiple advantages.
In an era where companies are becoming more and more digitalized and where new technologies are transforming businesses, IT security is a crucial issue. Their protection relies mainly on one position: the cybersecurity expert.
The budgets to prevent all types of attacks are constantly increasing as the subject is so central to the acts of malice. The cybersecurity specialist thus enjoys a unique status.
The first quality of the position is the assured employability. It is estimated that a new graduate will take less than 3 months to be hired by a company. It is one of the most sought-after professions by professionals, and the need for this type of position is constantly expanding. Even worse, the sector is struggling to find new engineers because the profession is still too unknown.
In addition, the remuneration is particularly attractive and evolves over the years. A young graduate starts his or her career with a salary of around 40,000 euros gross per year. Depending on the type of position and the size of the company, salaries can increase significantly, up to over 100,000 euros gross per year for the most experienced. It is therefore an industry that does not know the crisis, and that does not cease to solicit new forces to feed the sector.
Finally, attending a school specializing in cybersecurity will eventually lead to a job with a wide variety of tasks. It covers many aspects, both technical, legal and human, and thus allows to maintain a constant interest in the function:
- Evolve security systems in response to new threats and evolving technologies
- Maintain the sustainability of security systems
- Develop and implement safety charters
- Diagnose a company’s information systems in order to target potential vulnerabilities
- Establish a safety pedagogy and transmit it to as many people as possible
Does ECE offer programs in cybersecurity?
ECE offers a Bachelor in Cybersecurity and Networks in order to master the fundamentals of computer security and to develop your skills in this field.
The stakes are high:
- develop and design security policies to protect information systems
- know how to respond to attempted cyber attacks
- conduct IT security audits
- managing crisis situations and understanding risks
The requirements to enter this program are:
- Obtaining a Bac +2 in computer science
- Have completed a BTS, DUT or any other level 3 professional IT training
The training includes 455 hours of teaching over the 3rd year and is centered on 4 major themes:
- securing systems
- hacking ethic
- safety management
Students learn how to propose complete solutions adapted to corporate strategies, develop their analytical skills, and offer their expertise in order to respond effectively to modern intrusion threats.
Learn more about cybersecurity training
- Definition: what is cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity training: info, admissions, prices
- Cybersecurity training for the military: cyber defense, curriculum, opportunities
- What are the salaries in the cybersecurity industry?
- Guide to becoming a cybersecurity engineer
- How do I get a work-study position in the cybersecurity industry?
- What is the salary of a cybersecurity engineer?
- Everything you need to know about the cybersecurity analyst job
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity: training, program, opportunities
- Master’s degree in cybersecurity: opportunities, program
- Which companies specialize in cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity internship: company, skills, platforms