The MSc identity card
This master’s degree has the CGE label.
- Duration: 2 years
- Start date: September 2022
- ECTS credits : 120
- Language of instruction: English
Being a player in the energy of tomorrow
The decrease in energy demand, supply difficulties, the weight of the energy sector in GHG emissions, and the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. the fight against climate change (reaffirmed by the ratification of the Paris Agreements in 2015) require a rapid and in-depth transformation of energy production and consumption methods. To achieve this, the traditional players in the sector (Total, EDF, ENGIE, etc.), as well as the new players, must mobilize and adapt by relying heavily on the recruiting new profiles .
Know how to understand the new energy and environmental challenges
This program offers a global vision of the energy and environment sectors, drawing on both science and technology, but also on the humanities and social sciences (political science, economics, etc.). Its main objective is to train managers capable of designing and implementing intelligent energy infrastructure management systems. It allows them to control energy consumption and storage by using all the possibilities of high-tech in terms of control and command, sensor networks and information systems. understand the changes in the Energy and Environment sectors, to understand the new challenges associated with it, to respond and totoanticipate threats and to deploy adapted solutions.
The objectives of the training
- Master all the scientific and technical aspects of the energy sector: production, transport, storage, distribution, uses, etc.
- Understand the impact of the sector on international relations and its implications in terms of risk and security.
- Understand the mechanisms of energy regulation and anticipate the main evolutions.
- Acquire the skills essential to energy managers: purchasing and logistics, regulatory and legal aspects, financial approaches, project management, negotiation, communication, innovation, etc.
Some examples of opportunities
- Operation/maintenance of energy infrastructures (plant operator, dispatching, etc.).
- Design of production infrastructures in engineering office (Photovoltaic, solar thermal & thermodynamic, wind, hydraulic, tidal, geothermal, methanization, etc.)
- Design of Smart Grids
- Building energeticist
- Embedded Energy Engineer
- Sustainable Development Engineer/Environmental/QHSE/CSR Engineer
“I joined the first MSc Energy class because I am passionate about new technologies and very involved in sustainable development issues. I dream of applying my technical skills to help create a more sustainable world. I am very happy today to be able to start an internship in a startup specialized in solar panels.“Jaho. Class of 2023.
I am discovering the MSc Sustainable Energy Futures
- Holder of a BAC+3 in Science and Technology (Maths, Physics, Information), join our M1!
- The tuition fees for the year 2022 are 9 800 € / year.
- The tuition fees for students outside the European zone for the year 2022 are 10 850 € / year.