Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
What training is available to study cybersecurity?
With the growing development of digital platforms on the Internet, cyber security has become a major issue for companies around the world. The protection of personal data is a central issue in the face of cyberattack threats. It is now common for companies to use hackers to test the security level of their own computer system. Thus, digital protection is a top priority for all companies wishing to grow efficiently. The demand for skills in this specialty has exploded in recent years, with a 7% increase in job creation in the IT sector.
After a two-year preparatory cycle that will allow the student to acquire the fundamental notions of the engineering profession, it is possible to move on to :
- a Bac + 3. The student can go on to a professional computer science degree. There are 3 options:
– Licence pro Computer Science
– Bachelor in computer science, specializing in “computer security”.
– General degree in computer science, cyberdefense course
- At Bac +5 level, there are several possibilities for training in cybersecurity.
– CDSI – Master Cyberdefense and Information Security
– MSC Cybersecurity
– MBA – Digital Data Security Management
Finally, there are also training courses focused on digital law and the defense of victims of cyberattacks:
– Master in digital law
– DU law of data processing and liberties
It’s another different approach to cybersecurity and it opens up professional perspectives to other types of profiles, more oriented towards the legal aspect.
Cybersecurity training: what are the subjects taught in this course?
Provided by professionals in the IT sector, the training courses can vary according to the specificities chosen. The courses are divided into several categories:
- safety management
- information systems
- security techniques
- business and safety
However, there are common subjects in cybersecurity education:
- system supervision
- project management
- design of a network infrastructure under Microsoft Windows server
- cybersecurity of operating systems
- network architecture
- computer hygiene
- cybersecurity audit
- risk typology
- safety and human resources
- hacker’s way of thinking
How do I get into cybersecurity training?
To enter a cybersecurity training program, it is necessary to first obtain a high school diploma. All fields of study can be admitted, but the profiles most compatible with this orientation are :
- Bac S
- Technological Bac STI2D
- General baccalaureate specializing in “numerical and mathematical”.
There are two options for preparing for your future training in a higher education institution:
BTS computer science following 2 different orientations:
- BTS SIO – Computer services for organizations
SISR option: infrastructure, systems and network solutions
SLAM option: software solutions and business applications
- BTS SN – Digital Systems
IR option: computer science and networks
EC option: electronics and communication
a DUT in computer science with orientation :
- DUT RT – Networks and telecoms
- DUT GE2I – Electrical engineering and industrial computing
In both cases, a 10-week internship in a company will be necessary to consolidate what you have learned and to validate your diploma.
What are the opportunities of a cybersecurity training?
In the digital age, the growing demand for cybersecurity experts ensures that new graduates can be employed quickly after graduation. The salary range can vary from simple to double, as there are so many positions to choose from and so many opportunities for advancement. On average, the salary of a cybersecurity professional ranges from 35,000 euros gross per year up to 60,000. From risk analysis to the design of defensive IT solutions, cybersecurity graduates can find their place in a wide variety of positions:
- Director of Information Systems
- Infrastructure expert
- Web Security Engineer
- Functional Consultant
- Expert in computer security
- Network and Telecommunications Engineer
- Technical Director
- Level 2 and 3 Technician
- Technical architect
Does the ECE propose a training in cybersecurity?
As part of its grande école engineering program, ECE offers the Cybersecurity Major in the second and third years of the engineering cycle. The training was created jointly with Microsoft and Orange Cyberdefense.
The first year of the cycle is mainly focused on general education, allowing students to learn all the fundamentals of computer management and information systems. The second is essentially focused on defense via cybersecurity.
Thus, during their studies, students must learn to develop their technological knowledge in order to apply the most appropriate methods in the event of a cyber attack. The objectives of the training are therefore focused on :
- oriented programming
- system and mobile programming
- web technologies
- development of enterprise applications
- management of information systems
- management of computer systems
- Identity and access management in Windows environment
Learn more about cybersecurity training
- Definition: what is cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity School: program, fees, purpose
- Cybersecurity training for the military: cyber defense, curriculum, opportunities
- What are the salaries in the cybersecurity industry?
- Guide to becoming a cybersecurity engineer
- How do I get a work-study position in the cybersecurity industry?
- What is the salary of a cybersecurity engineer?
- Everything you need to know about the cybersecurity analyst job
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity: training, program, opportunities
- Master’s degree in cybersecurity: opportunities, program
- Which companies specialize in cybersecurity?
- Cybersecurity internship: company, skills, platforms