Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Engineering schools attract many young people with a passion for science and technology. Each year, they train specialists in innovation, digital technology and information technology after the baccalaureate and up to the master’s and doctorate levels. Would you like to join a school of this type and train in these promising fields? You should know that France has many engineering schools spread throughout the country. Let’s see in this article which reasons can push you to integrate an engineering school in Rennes!
- Rennes is a pleasant city known for its cultural events and academic excellence.
- At an engineering school in Rennes, you can train in computer science, science and new technologies.
- ECE Rennes offers a three-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Cybersecurity.
- It is also possible to enter the second year of MSc at ECE Rennes Bretagne.
- The city of Rennes is full of professional opportunities in the digital and technology fields.
Why join an engineering school in Rennes?
By attending an engineering school in Rennes, students find a pleasant living environment and discover a city renowned for its culture and leisure activities. In addition, they benefit from excellent professional opportunities, especially in the digital sector.
A pleasant city to study engineering
Not content with being the university capital of the French Grand Ouest, Rennes regularly appears at the top of the rankings of the best cities in France to study in. This success is due to several elements:
- Rennes is a young and dynamic city, characterized by a rich historical heritage. Many cultural events are organized throughout the year, such as the Transmusicales meetings or the Tombées de la Nuit.
- It is a city known for its academic excellence. Attending an engineering school in Rennes means training in prestigious and renowned environments.
- In addition to leisure activities and outings, students benefit from a cost of living that is significantly lower than in other French cities. Rennes is therefore an interesting metropolis from an economic point of view.
- Less than an hour from Saint-Malo and less than two hours from Paris by train, Rennes enjoys an ideal geographical location.
- Rennes has an efficient and well-developed transport network. In 20 minutes you can easily cross the city by metro.
- Nature lover? You may enjoy Rennes, as the city has many green spaces and beautiful parks.
Environment, culture, leisure, transport… All the conditions are there to make you enjoy your studies in engineering school in Rennes !
Many professional opportunities for engineering students
The Red City is not only charming, it is also a growing economic area, especially in the innovation, digital and digital sectors. The rapid development of startups has enabled Rennes to obtain the “French Tech Capital” label in 2019, making the Breton city a mecca forentrepreneurship. Rennes’ unemployment rate is among the lowest in France.
Thus, there is no shortage of professional opportunities for engineering school students in Rennes. They will have no difficulty finding an internship or work-study program in their chosen field. They will become actors in the economic transformation of the region and will participate in its influence, both nationally and internationally.
Which course to choose in an engineering school in Rennes?
An engineering school in Rennes offers various higher education courses from bac +3 to bac +5. AtECE Rennes Bretagne, you can follow a Bachelor’s degree in three years after the baccalaureate or enroll in an MSc.
Training at bac +3 level in engineering school
Offered from September 2023 in Rennes, the Bachelor Software Engineering program trains experts in digital engineering in three years. It is intended for holders of a general, technological or professional baccalaureate and is accessible outside the Parcoursup procedure via the school’s website. Moreover, the ECE Bachelor can be integrated in Rennes in the first or third year. For the latter, you must have validated 120 ECTS credits, i.e. two years of higher education.
During the first two years of the Bachelor’s degree, students benefit from a common core and follow internships of 2 to 4 months. The third year, which can be completed in alternating years, is an opportunity for students to choose one of these in-depth electives:
- Bachelor Web and Mobile Development
- Bachelor Cybersecurity and networks
- Bachelor Digital Business and Data
- Bachelor Security Developer
Thanks to this training in engineering school in Rennes, students can directly enter the world of work and join companies specialized in computer science. They can also continue their studies with a master’s degree.
5 years of higher education in an engineering school
If the Bachelor’s degree allows you to obtain a diploma of bac +3, you can also register to a Master of Science at ECE. At the end of the MSc, you will obtain a diploma at Bac +5 level and will have developed important managerial skills in addition to having consolidated your scientific knowledge.
From September 2024, you will be able to join the second year of the MSc Data engineer & Artificial Intelligence in Rennes, the first year being followed in Paris.
As a reminder, ECE is also present in Lyon and Bordeaux.
What jobs does an engineering school in Rennes prepare you for?
With an engineering school in Rennes, you can consider different careers and positions in engineering. At ECE, the variety of the proposed programs allows you to build unique paths and to discover different specializations. Thus, you will be able to apply for the following positions after your studies atECE Rennes Bretagne:
- IT and Cybersecurity Administrator
- System and network administrator
- Security developer
- IT Security Project Manager
- Frontend Developer
- Backend Developer
- Full Stack Developer
- Web Developer
- Web Project Manager
- Programmer Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Software Developer
- Data Scientist