Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Are you passionate about IT and all that it entails? Have you recently discovered an interest in web development? Do you want to go down this path, even if it means changing your studies or your profession? The trick is to know how to do it. Find out why you should switch to web development.
- It is definitely worthwhile to retrain in web development.
- There is a growing demand in this field and a lack of developers.
- This activity can ensure that you create an excellent professional career.
- It gives you the opportunity to join all kinds of national and international companies.
- It gives you the choice between working for a structure and working as a freelancer.
- You can benefit from an adequate training by joining an engineering school.
Why change jobs to become a web developer?
Nowadays, there are a lot of reasons to change jobs and go into web development. Among the most frequent, we can mention the following:
- lately, the demand exceeds the supply of many in the web development;
- there is a lack of web developers both nationally and internationally;
- This field is in constant progress and you can then hope for excellent career development;
- Being a web developer forces you to be versatile and this is what allows you to access a large number of jobs;
- this job is ideal to get an interesting salary and live comfortably;
- it can still secure you a place in a company while giving you the opportunity to work as a freelancer;
- The best engineering schools normally provide you with a whole program to perform in this field.
The most sought-after languages by companies in 2023
Retraining in Web development implies that you know how to anticipate the possible needs of clients. When you become a web developer, you must master the most commonly used programming languages. They serve a variety of purposes within a company and help ensure the security and privacy of its digital data, among other things.
These are indeed the languages that companies are looking for the most these days. By observing the trends, you can deduce that they can continue to be used for a long time, for years to come.
Converting to a web developer, the advantages and disadvantages
Before switching to web development, you should consider the pros and cons of this choice.
There are undoubtedly many advantages to retraining in Web development:
- The job of web developer is simply perfect for a computer and technology enthusiast;
- It is well paid and guarantees excellent career development prospects;
- This is an area that affects many others in which you can then also intervene;
- you become indispensable within a company;
- if you prefer, you can work as a freelancer and gain freedom.
Despite the many advantages of retraining in web development, there are still a few disadvantages that should be taken into account:
- Being a web developer requires you to always be aware of the latest technological advances and to master them. For this reason, you then have the duty to learn all the time, which can sometimes become tiresome;
- This job usually involves a large volume of work and a lot of responsibility, and therefore considerable pressure.
A work-study program or initial training to learn Web development
Generally speaking, the work-study program is an excellent alternative for getting the most complete training possible. It normally allows you to master the theoretical aspect of the trade while doing the practical work in a company until the end of your training. However, if you want to become a web developer, this learning modality can quickly become difficult to manage. For some, learning web development in initial training allows them to better assimilate the courses in real time. AtECE, an engineering school specialized in digital and technologies, these 2 options are proposed to you and it is up to you to make the right choice according to your motivation. For more information on the courses available, visit the school’s website and/or its FAQ section.Updated 4 May 2023