Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Do you want to make a living from your passion and/or exploit a particular talent? Do you particularly appreciate the new digital world? In this case, a web profession is the ideal option to fulfill all your expectations. Indeed, choosing a web profession, in addition to bringing you what you hope for, offers many advantages. So, why choose a web profession?
The Web professions:
- Are very numerous and are constantly recruiting.
- Can be suitable for everyone depending on their respective skills.
- Highlight positions in many areas, including web developer and web designer.
- Can be learned by entering an engineering school.
- Many offer excellent remuneration.
Why choose a web profession?
Choosing a web profession is a decision that is specific to each individual according to their professional expectations. However, here are the main reasons why most choose a web profession:
- Web jobs are currently very popular and will remain so indefinitely. With the rise of the internet and new technologies, all the conditions are met to make the web universe prosper. It is therefore a safety net that ensures a stable and continuous working life;
- the web professions are extremely varied. Therefore, you can easily find the job you like the most and specialize in the field;
- In spite of the competition that remains tough on the web, the market remains very accessible and you can choose to work within a large group or a startup. However, many also opt for freelancing;
- Remunerations can be very high for web jobs depending on your status, your experience and your visibility;
- Because of the versatility that each web profession requires, you can easily access other positions and evolve in the professional world in general.
What are the web professions?
The web gathers all kinds of professions in order to fill the different existing sectors. The point is only to recognize the trade that corresponds to your field of choice. To this end, here is a list of the most popular web jobs of the moment:
Web Project Manager
As the name suggests, the web project manager is responsible for taking care of a given project from start to finish. He must therefore evaluate its feasibility and take care of the specifications. He then supervises his collaborators in the development of the digital interface.
The UX Designer is the first person responsible for a site, a product or a web service in relation to the users. Its role is to ensure that the user experience is satisfactory. Therefore, he must always examine and improve the interface to make it more intuitive.
As a web developer, your mission is to create websites and/or mobile applications and to develop them. This job consists of developing new sites or applications while following the requirements imposed by the client. At the same time, we need to make sure that everything is technically in order for the site to be fully functional.
The data analyst is a key element on the web. Overall, his job is to analyze all the data that comes in on the web about a company or a particular site. Then, it will use this data to develop appropriate strategies and optimize services and products.
Which web professions does ECE train its students for?
ECE is an engineering school that offers specializations related to the web world and digital engineering. Moreover, they focus mainly on the technical part of the web universe.
Thus, you can opt for a Bachelor’s degree in Web & Mobile Development or a Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity & Networks. The first allows you, for example, to become a web developer and the second a junior network project manager.
Apart from that, you can also opt for a Bachelor Digital Business & Data. This opens the doors to becoming an application developer. But, there is also the Bachelor’s degree in Security Developer which gives you access to the profession of security developer. If you have any questions about any of these specializations, the FAQ section is at your disposal.
What are the best paid web jobs?
The remuneration for the web professions is very varied according to the experience and the company for which you work or that you are independent. However, we still have a certain average that allows us to determine the best paid web jobs:
- In first place, the chief digital officer can earn up to 150,000 euros per year as a senior ;
- then, a confirmed e-commerce manager receives around 100 000 euros per year;
In third place, the UX Designer earns around 80,000 euros per year.Updated 2 January 2024