Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
You are passionate about the world of technology and digital, so you want to know what the average salary of a computer scientist is. First of all, it is important to know this profession, the expected skills and the training to follow. A computer scientist is responsible for managing or maintaining a computer system. These technicians are classified in several categories. As a result, their compensation depends on the position they hold.
How much does the average computer scientist earn?
In general, the average salary of an IT specialist is estimated at between 40,000 and 50,000 euros gross per year. It depends on his years of experience. Other factors, such as the size of the company, also play a role in determining compensation. After his studies, he can earn between 30,000 and 35,000 euros gross per year. For this purpose, the gross monthly salary can be between 2,500 and 3,000 euros. Taking into account the gross hourly rate of 19 euros, his salary will be between 1,950 and 2,300 euros net per month.
What is the difference between a computer scientist and a computer engineer?
These two professionals have different educational backgrounds, so they have different functions. The computer engineer works in various fields such as robotics, electronics,artificial intelligence, telecommunications, automated production. Indeed, he is required to create systems, computer equipment, databases or integrated software. In some cases, it controls and coordinates the manufacturing process of computer products.
On the other hand, the computer scientist works in specific areas such as software, web and computer networks. Its missions focus on the design, development and management of programs, software and computer tools.
What are the salaries for different IT positions?
There are many job openings in the computer industry. What is the salary of a computer specialist according to his function?
Salary of a computer security expert
The task affiliated with this expert is the study of the reliability of the information system of a company and the monitoring of its security. He oversees the company’s data protection. Thus, it must be able to detect security flaws in Internet and intranet networks. He/she must have an engineering degree or a master’s degree in computer science, and a few years of experience in computer networks. At the beginning of his or her career, an IT security expert can earn 3000 euros gross.
Salary of a computer developer
This expert is a professional in computer language, he interprets the client’s request through the code. Currently, it is one of the best jobs in IT, as it is the most sought after by employers. Here are the missions assigned to a computer developer:
- in charge of programming or producing lines of code: the computer developer draws up and checks the specifications, thus specifying the steps to be followed for the creation of programs;
- In order to create computer programs that meet the client’s needs, he performs an analysis and then proceeds with the test;
- a developer takes care of the training of the user of the application; in some cases, he designs a user guide;
- It is also responsible for the maintenance and evolution of the program.
An entry-level IT developer earns a salary of around 2,400 euros gross.
What is the average salary of a computer scientist in the public sector?
In this sector, the most privileged are on the technical side. They are technicians and engineers of information and communication systems, who work in a public service of a local authority. They receive different remunerations:
- The gross salary of a CIS technician varies according to his seniority: for a beginner, it ranges from 1,600 to 1,800 euros per month. When he has several years of experience, he can receive about 2,500 euros per month;
- The gross salary of a CIS engineer is between 3,000 and 3,300 euros per month for a beginner. For an experienced software engineer, it is between 3,700 and 4,500 euros per month.
What is the average salary of a computer scientist in the private sector
The private sector offers a wide variety of jobs and salaries:
- For CIS technicians and engineers, the average salary is almost the same;
- for other technical positions, i.e. a system and network administrator, the remuneration is variable. It is around 2,300 euros per month for beginners. If you have experience, the salary will be around 4,500 euros per month.