Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
The world today is witnessing a great technological development. IT-related jobs are therefore in high demand. If you want to study computer science in France, you have the choice between several institutions and several types of training. This guide will help you identify them.
Where to learn the computer science profession in France?
To work as a computer scientist, you must study computer science. If you are attracted to a specific field, you are free to choose a specialization. For example, if you want to be able to develop applications, you can opt for a Web & Mobile Development Bachelor’s degree. Moreover, there are many establishments in France that allow you to learn the profession of computer scientist:
- in a computer engineering school: you can do a two-year preparatory class, then enter a three-year engineering program.
- in a private school specializing in computer science : some offer courses directly accessible after the baccalaureate (without preparatory classes).
- at a university: you can choose a bachelor’s degree, a professional degree or a master’s degree in a computer science program with specialization.
- in high school or in school to obtain a BTS (Brevet de Technicien Supérieur) in computer science.
- in an IUT (University Institute of Technology) to obtain a BUT (University Bachelors of Technology) computer science degree. The IUT is an internal structure of the university.
Where to learn computer science in France?
Schools and universities offer several campuses in France for you to study computer science. TheECE gives you, for example, the freedom to choose between four campuses located in the heart of four major cities in France.
- The first campus is located at the foot of the Eiffel Tower in Paris;
- the second in Lyon, on the former Citroën site, in a mythical building in the 7th district;
- the third in Bordeaux, on the quays of the Garonne;
- and the last campus will be available in 2023 in Rennes.
You should know that computer-related professions are increasingly in demand. This is due to the progressive development of technology and digitalization. Companies and organizations are looking for competent profiles to accompany them towards their technological success.
Studying at an excellent campus will allow you to hone your skills in the field of computer science. The ECE offers educational programs oriented towards the needs of the market. It also aims to train future digital professionals. Moreover, since it is accredited by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs (CTI), the diplomas delivered are therefore with the title of engineer.
Is it possible to learn computer science abroad?
By opting for a school accredited by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs, you can effectively learn computer science abroad. The fact is that this label requires each certified institution to develop a variety of international partners. This means that you can join a partner school anywhere in the world.
However, this international mobility does not affect all students. The students concerned are in particular those of the Grande École engineering programs. The partnership allows them to train internationally, regardless of their chosen specialization.
Of course, the terms of departure vary depending on the status of each student. Also, one of the advantages of training abroad is the diploma. Indeed, you can follow a double degree program, which allows you to obtain at the same time: the engineering degree of your school and the degree of the partner institution.
How to learn computer science in English?
If you want to learn computer science in English, don’t hesitate to join a school that has partnerships with foreign institutions. For example, you can benefit from an international seminar held at the partner institution. This is an experience that will improve your level of English expression and comprehension. In addition, you will have the opportunity to discover other cultures and other ways of working and thinking.
Of course, this kind of immersion will depend on your choice. Either you choose this international exchange to learn computer science in English, or you do a two-month internship in France. With the ECE, you can realize a computer training in English thanks to its partnership with London.
In addition, one of the advantages of having a campus in this city is that you can benefit from the large professional network. You will have the chance to get in touch with important people during networking events, company visits, conferences or job fairs.Updated 4 May 2023