Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Java is a programming language that was born in the 90s. Useful at many levels, it can be found in various technological and digital fields. Want to start learning Java? Discover the many possibilities available to you.
How to start programming Java alone?
The Java programming language is inseparable from the field of computer science. Mastering it means acquiring indispensable skills in the field of work. Java being one of the most used programming languages, many companies are looking for the skills of a developer. But the question remains: how can we master Java alone?
Java: what is the use?
The Java programming language is used both during the creation phase and throughout the operation of software and computer platforms. The java language is used in many fields, namely :
- artificial intelligence and virtual reality;
- BIG DATA;
- the creation of websites;
- video game design ;
- the creation of applications for the web and for mobiles;
- the development of cryptocurrency trading bots.
Note that many operating systems are based on Java, such as Android.
How to learn Java alone?
If you are self-taught, you can learn Java on your own, as long as you choose the right platforms. Indeed, online courses are the best way to master the basics of Java programming, especially since they allow you to do other activities.
As it is a widespread language, there are also communities of programmers who can help you learn. But you can also turn to applications that are based on the principle of tutorials. Note that the theory courses teach terminology. Practice is therefore necessary to master the programming language.
While apprenticeships alone are very attractive, it is preferable to validate your skills with a diploma. To do this, you can take certification courses or specialize in an engineering school.
Is there any study to become a Java developer?
In addition to the many training courses provided, engineering schools such asECE can train you to become a Java developer. The school specializes in IT-related courses, whether you choose a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or a grandes écoles program.
The course goes beyond simply mastering programming, as you can specialize by choosing one of the available majors. Depending on the world in which you want to evolve as a Java developer, you have the choice between 3 main majors:
- the embedded systems, aeronautics and robotics major, accessible with a Bac +4. This course opens up many professional opportunities for you, as embedded systems can be found in various fields;
- the big data & analytics major: its objective is to train engineers who can assist companies in their digital transformation, particularly through Java programming;
- The information systems and cybersecurity major: this focuses on the management of information systems. It supports system and mobile programming as well as enterprise application development.
What specific training should I do to learn Java?
As mentioned earlier, you can integrate the grande école program of an engineering school to learn Java. The engineering cycle lasts 5 years, but you can specialize from the third year. In addition to the above mentioned majors, ECE also offers a Bachelor in Application Design and Development.
As this is a specialization, it is accessible from the third year of a computer science degree. The content is mainly based on programming, including the Java language. In addition to this, you will learn about design, project management and web technology for example. The training itself takes place either full-time or in alternating years in order to first immerse oneself in a company.
Which subjects are taught by the ECE to learn Java?
Java programming is a full-fledged course taught in the ECE. To learn all the essential notions, it is therefore essential to take courses in :
- Advanced Java, which deals with applications using a two-tier structure (client and server);
- Embedded Java, i.e. programming that will be used by embedded systems.